HOLMES FAMILY EFFECT - CTV
In the winter of 2019 just before COVID hit, we spent 3 weeks in Smithville, working together with Mike Holmes, his Make-it-Right team and countless other trades and suppliers.
The objective: to transform their youth community centre ‘the Fort’ into something far more worthy of its name.
As was showcased in the fourth and final episode of Holmes Family Effect that recently aired on CTV, the results of all of our combined efforts were mind-blowing!!
We were honoured to be entrusted with the following tasks:
- property rough & fine grading to accommodate the new structures
- supply & installation of the armour stone retaining wall
- installation of the front entrance way interlock pad complete with trench drain
- installation of the steel Paverdeck + helical pile foundation & HSS posts
- basketball court excavation, subgrade prep & concrete forming
SPRING IS HERE!
Time to fire the BBQ back up, open the pool and attack that everlasting outside-to-do list!
We are happy to say, we have had a wonderful winter season! The freezing weather and snow kept us on the go but left us with time to complete some of the Commercial Green Roof projects that we do year round.
We’re excited that the sun is back, the ground is heating up and we get to use more of the tools in our belt.
Our crews are already at work on Residential and Commercial properties, completing Design&Builds, Landscape Construction, Spring Clean-Ups...
Buist Landscaping Inc. has seen increasing success in the landscaping industry over the last 8 years. The past 3 years however have really helped us reach the next level with the development of our Green Roof division.
Green Roof - A green roof system is an extension of the existing roof which involves - amongst other things - high quality water-proofing, a root repellent system, a drainage system, filter cloth, a lightweight growing medium, and plants.
Green Roof Benefits
- they reduce Storm Water Runoff and the pace thereof
- they assist with air purification
- noise reduction...